MA: Exploitation of robotic products and services
Area: Business Administration
Name: Exploitation of robotic products and services
European manufacturing industry faces increasing product variances as a consequence of frequent innovation, short product life cycles and small series production. At the same time, production cost must be continuously reduced.
Therefore, agile, transformable and reusable automation and robotics is a key enabler to manage those trends. However, few robotic components are designed for easy adaptation and reuse. To overcome those shortcomings, the European R5-COP project  focuses on agile manufacturing paradigms, specifically on modular robotic systems. R5-COP aims to develop existing and new methods that will support model based design, engineering, validation and fast commissioning. By using existing interface and middle-ware standards such as ROS (Robot Operating System) , R5-COP will strongly facilitate integration of components from various suppliers.
Using a modular approach will not only be more flexible than state-of-the-art solutions, but will also reduce design, setup and maintenance costs.
Within industry, companies developing robotic products and providing services, are facing problems exploiting their new (incremental) solutions in a rigid market with huge needs for revolutions. Therefore research on the different aspects of exploiting new flexible robotic applications in existing markets with new needs is required.
- The identification of key issues of robotics exploitation
- The identification of gaps in proposed solutions
- Collecting input from several industrial partners (international) concerning problems faced when exploiting robotic products and services
- Investigate how new solutions could help overcome these difficulties
- Identification of the best methods of exploitation
 "R5 -COP [Online] Available http://www.r5-cop.eu/en/project/r5-cop-glance/
 "ROS" [Online] Available http://www.ros.org
Alten is European leader in technology consulting and engineering with over 16.000 employees throughout the world. Alten provides technical services, project implementation, contract manufacturing and training. Alten is a major technical service provider in The Netherlands in the fields of robotics, mechatronics and technical software development. Its mission is to support clients in deploying their strategy by providing personalized solutions that meet their specific objectives. In the Netherlands, we are located in Capelle a/d IJssel, Apeldoorn and Eindhoven.
What we offer:
- Market conform remuneration
- Supervision by Technical Management and a technical consultant from Alten
- Coaching by a technical consultant form Alten
- Opportunity to explore your interests in technical automation
If you are interested in a graduate assignment at Alten, please send your extended resume to
Click here for a PDF of this vacancy